In a season full on sinful desserts, it’s hard to save our waistlines. This is the best yummy healthy Apple crisp out there. We suggest doubling the recipe. It’s so good, you will eat the whole thing.
Paleo Apple Crisp
- 6-8 medium apples (the apples we got were on the smaller side and we used about a dozen)
- 2 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons of butter (as you know by now, (KerryGold is a good choice)
- 3/5 cup of pecan halves (Chopped)
- Juice of 1 orange = 1/3 Cup of Orange Juice
- 3/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of raw local honey.
Peel, core and slice the apples. toss them in the orange, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey. pour the apple mixture in a 9 x 9 glass pan.
in a separate microwave safe bowl melt the butter. mix in the almond flour and pecans. use a fork to make crumbles and sort of flake this on top of the apples.
cover in foil and bake for an hour removing the foil halfway through.
Tell us what you think! We want to hear from