Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves placing a patient in an environment of pure oxygen under three times the air pressure. This allows for an increase in oxygen uptake by the lungs and oxygen delivery to healthy or injures tissues. There is a higher oxygen demand associated with tissues undergoing repair in the body, this means that one requires more oxygen to recover from anything like an infection to an injury.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is commonly used for the treatment of decompression sickness (the bends) in divers. Individuals with a conditions which interfere with healing such diabetes or radiation sickness can also benefit from hyperbaric oxygen. Additionally, hyperbaric oxygen is found to trigger the release of various growth factors and stem cells which facilitate healing.
Hyperbaric Oxygen (H.B.O.T.) therapy has been used for decades in wound management, toxicology, diving complications, and to treat vascular deficiencies. By its nature, it stimulates the immune system. It is now being used to treat concussions, migraines, and even to boost results of Prolotherapy. For example, HBOT increases the yield of stem cells harvested from adipose tissue for Stem Cell treatment.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Decompression Sickness
- Vascular Problems
- Respiratory Infections
- Migraines headaches
- Facilitated healing
- Stimulation of Growth Factors
- Stimulation of Stem Cells
Questions About Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber:
1. Are you using an inflatable tent or a true hyperbaric chamber? If so, how much pressure is applied?
2. What is the mix ratio of oxygen to nitrogen applied inside the tent in gas percentages?
3. Who is monitoring the client receiving the oxygen and who is in charge of the oxygen storage? How are they trained, and for what types of urgencies/emergencies?
4. At what rate is the oxygen delivered to the client?
5. Is it better to do Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) before or after Prolotherapy?
6. What can a hyperbaric oxygen chamber help treat?
7. Is there a distinct and noticeable change from before and after being in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber?
8. How much will HBOT cost me?