WILDFIRE ANNOUNCEMENT: Please donate to our COREmmunity gofund me for those affected by the CZU Lightning Complex Fire, which included the CORE owners and employees.
Why Am I Losing My Hair?
Hair loss is a common sign of aging for men. About ¼ of men begin to go bald by their 30s, and ⅔ are either bald or balding by 60. That being said, do not feel alone - balding is natural and can happen for a couple of different reasons:
- Genetics. Over 95% of hair loss in men is caused by androgenetic alopecia, a.k.a. male pattern baldness. Men exhibiting male pattern baldness often have a receding hairline and find their hair thinning around the crown. This eventually turns into a bald spot.
- Telogen effluvium. A form of hair loss that occurs when stress, pressure, or any other shock to your system causes hair roots to be pushed prematurely. Up to 70% of scalp hairs are then shed in large numbers. Hair loss through telogen effluvium can be caused by:
- Serious illness involving a high fever or severe infection
- Major surgery or chronic illnesses, including thyroid disease
- Medications, such as anticoagulants, medications for gout, or chemotherapy drugs for cancer
- A lack of protein in your diet or too much vitamin A
- Low iron levels in the blood.
- Alopecia areata. This form of hair loss is categorized as an autoimmune disorder. Here antibodies are attacking your hair follicles. You may be in good health in all other respects, yet start finding smooth, round patches of exposed scalp. In some cases, these patches foreshadow total baldness.
- Cicatricial alopecia. Hair loss involved in cicatricial alopecia results from inflammation around the hair follicle. A patient might feel itching or pain and have scarring or permanent hair loss in the affected area.
How Can I Stop It?
Newly developed technology has allowed for hair transformation that seems too good to be true. PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) is a medical breakthrough where a trained clinician isolates the active stem cells responsible for preventing balding and promotes their growth. It is a SURGERY-FREE, pain-free technique that can be used to grow back your hair and rejuvenate the follicles responsible for a luscious head of hair.
Anyone with thinning or hair loss is qualified for PRP Hair Restoration. Hair follicles don’t die - they just go dormant. PRP wakes up those dormant follicles, helping your hair grow just as it did at youth. Dr. John Grady, D.O., can combine PRP treatments with red light therapy at a wavelength of 660nm. It is just one of our hair restoration methods, but this alone can increase the metabolic rate of the hair follicle.
Santa Cruz CORE provides nutrition, weight management, stress reduction, and reproductive health coaching. Using PRP and “vampire makeovers" Dr. John Grady, D.O. provides a natural alternative to invasive procedures and a safe alternative to surgery. Feel better, overcome injuries, trauma, abuse, and depression, and improve intimacy for you and your partner all in one place!
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) prolotherapy is amongst the most effective. This type of prolotherapy not only promotes healing and repair of soft tissue (like tendons and ligaments) but also that of dermal (skin) tissues. PRP Prolotherapy delivers a highly concentrated blood plasma/platelet solution into the area of treatment thus triggering inflammation and the healing cascade along with it.
Platelets are little pockets of cytoplasm (fluid inside a cell) from large cells known as megakaryocytes. Inside these pockets of cytoplasm are found a variety of signaling molecules like cytokines (inflammatory signals) and growth factors, both of which have an effect in recruiting other healing mechanisms to an injured area. Platelets have a series of cell-surface receptors which become active when they come in contact with components of injured tissue, such as collagen. This initial trigger then allows for the stimulated release of many of the signaling molecules insides platelets themselves and initiates a healing cascade.
The integrative professionals are trained and certified in Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), facial rejuvenation including Botox and Dermal Fillers for your skin!
Why use prolotherapy?
Many of the activities that we engage in have the potential to injure soft tissue structures
like tendons and ligaments. When weakened, they can contribute to joint instability and degenerative conditions like osteoarthritis. Over time, pain related to soft tissue damage can become chronic and disrupt other mechanical aspects of the body (like joints and nerves).
Prolotherapy is an injection-based regenerative treatment that has shown tremendous promise when it comes to treating musculoskeletal pain. Prolotherapy is successful in treating the pain of the lower back, wrist, knee, rotator cuff, and sciatica. Furthermore, the regenerative capacity of prolotherapy injections restores damaged tissues to not only treat pain but regain mechanical function.