We Are Santa Cruz CORE
Are you? Learn more below...
positively impacting people!
in Santa Cruz County
Careers - Join Our Team
Santa Cruz CORE is always looking to hire the very best and the brightest! If you are interested in a career helping others achieve their optimal health, then this is the place for you. Our dynamic and fun atmosphere makes for a great work environment.
Wellness Consultant/Reception Team Member
Our wellness center is on the cutting edge of healing, helping people to achieve their optimal health. Our talented staff is dedicated to the success of our patrons in reaching their fitness and health goals. This is an opportunity to participate in an exciting health services community where we empower our team members to excel with dynamic training and practice. We aspire to excellence in all that we do and we are excited to meet someone who wants to be part of our mission.
We are seeking a capable, cheerful and confident office worker for front desk/receptionist and point of sale duties to assist our clients in greeting, scheduling, answering questions and educating them about the various health and fitness opportunities we offer. We want someone with a can-do attitude.
No experience needed, but some office or sales experience a plus. We train all new employees. Should you be invited to join our team, you'll have the opportunity to learn and master our systems. You can develop skills that will allow you to move up the ladder, develop a career and make more money. We hire people who are willing to do what is required. We provide training so that you know how to do what we ask you to do. It's a challenging regime. Not everyone who applies is accepted. We are a family owned business and are fully committed to the success of each team member.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO BE CURRENTLY CERTIFIED AS A PERSONAL TRAINER!
We are a locally owned and operated integrative wellness center. Our goal is to assist people in the greater Santa Cruz area attain their goals of optimal health and wellness. We offer a variety of preventative and alternative health services including acupuncture, chiropractic, therapeutic massage, therapeutic exercise, physical therapy, individual and small group personal training, and nutritional counseling. This is a part to full-time position. You must be available on weekends.
- MUST be a certified trainer--ACSM, NASM, NSCA, CSCS, PTA Global or ACE CertificationCurrent CPR and AED
- Certifications(or in process of getting them)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- A degree in a related field is preferred but not required (Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Sports Medicine, Physical Education, Nutrition, Fitness Specialist, etc.)
- $20.00-55.00 per hour during training sessions depending on experience.
- Enjoy a friendly, fun company culture that promotes a work/life balance.
- Take advantage of continuing education opportunities to enhance and further develop one's skills and methods.
Personal Training experience required; a passion for a lifestyle of health and wellness is essential. Qualified candidates will possess the following skills, abilities, and experience in addition to being available to work weekends, early and/or late evenings or split shifts:
- The ability to listen compassionately and educate the client regarding the steps necessary for them to achieve their health and fitness goals.
- Ability to build clientele by administrating fitness assessments and safely conduct personal training sessions
- Ensure accurate administration of client programs, including SOAP notes, measurement tracking, monitoring progress, and workout programs
- Assist in all revenue generating activities, including but not limited to: complimentary workouts, supplement booths, body-fat evaluation, seminars, and workshops
- Clearly communicate the value and importance of personal training sessions to our members.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative; willingness to acquire new skills.
- Achieve personal monthly client load objectives.
- Utilize organization skills and ability to maintain a neat presentation of the fitness floors at all times.
- Ability to adjust and operate all fitness equipment.
- Possess an enthusiastic, passionate, friendly and positive personality.
- Review and share knowledge of client progress and/or special needs with other wellness professionals to create a program of care that assists clients in achieving their health and fitness goals.
- Arrive punctually for all scheduled appointments.
- Attend practitioner meetings, as well as monthly in-house continuing education.
- Maintain accurate, current records on all client exercise programs and progress.
- Enforce all company and wellness center policies.
- Submit proper administrative paperwork/invoices according to a payment schedule.
- Computer proficiency and internet use/email skills required.
Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting & prolonged standing and walking.
Must be able to frequently lift and /or move up to 45+ pounds.
Please reply with resume and references.
We are a unique wellness facility that incorporates personal training, massage therapy, yoga therapy, physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic therapy. It is an open, attractive work setting with a great team and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. This can be a full time or part-time position.
If you are looking for:
- A variety of modalities -an experienced team that works together to create integrative wellness packages for rehabilitation clients.
- Supportive management
- The excitement of working in a new, fast-growing company
Pay depends on experience. If you are interested please respond to the following questions via email and please attach your resume:
- What does your ideal work environment look like to you?
- What is one of your greatest achievements?
- Do you consider yourself a team player? What does that mean to you?
- What are your career goals in the next year?
- What are you afraid of?
- Trained in at least ONE of the following massage modalities --- Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, acupressure, shiatsu, rolfing, some form of energy work. (craniosacral, reiki, polarity or something of the like).
- Previous experience doing body treatment.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers, vendors to their understanding.
- California state massage therapist or practitioner license required.
- Team and Goal oriented attitude
- Confidence and ability to sell retail products to meet monthly retail revenue goals.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to develop a strong and mature rapport with multiple referral sources to bring in clients
- Be able to render clear and concise opinion and explanation of client status and progress.