Oatmeal is a delicious and nutritious breakfast option. For some, however, spending the time in the morning isn’t very convenient. So, here are 7 steps to cut the time in half for a healthy and quick meal.
- Put oats and water to the pot you are going to cook it in
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or kefir or yogurt
- Mix it all up and cover and let it sit overnight
- In the morning add more water and berries and cook on low
- Once the oats are thick and creamy remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 mins.
- Add real cinnamon, sea salt and raw local honey to taste
What’s this about soaking your oats?
Soaking your oats reduces phytic acid which binds with minerals and then strips them out of your body when not neutralized. This can cause bone loss, tooth decay, mineral deficiency and inhibits enzymes that are needed to digest food. By soaking them you increase your ability to absorb and digest the nutrients in you breakfast as well as ensuring robust good health.