Here at Santa Cruz Core, we offer a variety of massage modalities to ensure that you will receive the best possible service that is perfectly suited to you. Please see below for the benefits of the Massage that we offer.
There are so many benefits to the treatment of massage. All modalities included. If you are suffering from pain or other chronic symptoms. we encourage you to read this list and to consult us if you have any questions at all.
Benefits of Massage
- Decreased anxiety and depression.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Improved concentration.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
Increase joint flexibility.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Relieve migraine pain.
- Reduce edema of the extremities.
- Stimulate lymph circulation and aids in the elimination of wastes and toxic debris.
Increase red blood cells.
- Facilitate rest.
- Core Massage Modalities
At Santa Cruz Core we offer many types of massage.
Our award-winning therapists work as experts in their field and know the proper techniques to use to ensure you the best results from your massage session. We Offer:Swedish Relaxation Massage: Massage therapists use massage oils to address the whole body. Some of the effects are relaxation, increased body awareness, and deep letting go of long-time held places.
- Deep Tissue Massage: The therapist will move very slowly, working at an oblique angle to stretch the fascia and connective tissues, using a substance such as beeswax, so that hooking into the fascia is facilitated.
- Thai-Yoga Massage: Using a blend of Traditional Thai Massage techniques and assisted Yoga poses, to stimulate blood circulation, increase joint range of motion, and increase muscle flexibility.
- Therapeutic Massage: In offering massage that goes beneath the superficial layers of tissue, our goal is to encourage a physical change in the body.
- Sport Specific Massage: Designed to help you improve your sports performance by addressing the specific muscles that tend to be overused by the type of activities you do.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation Massage: Indicated for post-surgery, chronic pain, overuse and repetitive stress injuries. To induce healing of the whole person this massage promotes change within the structure and function of the neuro-musculoskeletal soft tissue.
- Orthopedic Massage (myofascial release): A form of manual therapy that specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.
- Therapeutic Reflexology: Feet, Hands + Scalp Massage: Applies pressure to specific points on the feet, hands and scalp to influence the health of corresponding parts of the body.
- Prenatal Massage: Tailored to support the unique needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies. The physical discomforts of pregnancy can be greatly reduced with the nurturing touch of massage.
- Shiatsu: Based on traditional Chinese medicine. Acupressure is used to open the flow of energy along the meridians to promote healthy balance in the body.
- Cranio-sacral Therapy: A non-invasive, subtle modality working with the cranial rhythm to improve the function of the body’s systems and create harmony in the the body.
- Tui Na Acupressure Massage: A hands-on body treatment that uses Chinese taoist and martial art principles to bring the body to balance.