Take a leap and get tested to make a step towards real progress.
Accurately benchmark your fitness level in just 10 minutes. Use that information to reach those goals you’ve had for years.
What we will measure:
- Your fat & fat free body mass
- How much fat you need to lose to reach your goals
- Calories you burn each day without exercising
- Calories you burn from different exercises
- Where you compare on a scale of age and gender
- Your history if you’ve tested with us before.
Hydrostatic weighing, also known as Hydrodensitometry or underwater weighing, is a classic measure of body composition.
- purpose: the aim of underwater weighing is to measure the density of the body, and from that figure calculate percentage of body fat and lean body mass
- equipment required: Hydrostatic stainless steel weighing tank the size of a large bathtub, a scale, and weighted belt. Do not eat 3 hours before dunking. Wear a bathing suit and bring a towel. It is completely private, no one other than the tester will be there to witness the dunking.
- procedure: The dry weight of the individual is first determined. The subject, in minimal clothing, then lies prone in bath tub with warm water, expels all the air from their lungs, and is lowered into the tank until all body parts are emerged. The person must remain motionless underwater while the underwater weight is recorded. This procedure is repeated three times to get a dependable underwater weight measure.
Call 831-425-9500 to sign up!