I recommend you take a look and think twice before putting certain foods into your shopping cart.
- Hydrogenated Oil/Fat: any type of packaged food that says hydrogenated oil, or trans fat does not break down properly in the body. These type of oils are chemically altered to be solid at room temperature instead of liquid and are unable to be broken down completely in the body. Therefore, the fat stays in your body.
- Diet Soda: While any soda is hazardous to the health, diet soda uses artificial sweeteners that not only help you store fat but aspartame has been shown as a neurotoxin which can not just contribute to cancer but neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease. When ingesting diet soda the body thinks it is getting sugar so it rushes to transport sugar that is in the blood out and converts it into glycogen. Any glycogen not used will later be stored as fat. The blood does not actually get the influx the body was hoping for and the blood sugar drops making the individual more hungry.
- Sugar: Basic table sugar spikes the blood sugar, increasing blood pressure and insulin resistance that all leads to obesity and diabetes.
- Soy: Soy is found in almost everything these days. Soy was originally cultivated in far east as a nitrogen-fixer for the soil was never meant to be eaten. Now it is processed with high heat and high pressure with no fermentation. The result of which is quite toxic to the health. Soy has a very high acidic content and can negatively manipulate hormone levels.
- Cold Cereals: Cold cereals are made with a machine called an extruder that is used with high heat and high pressure. This denatures the grain and makes it difficult to digest and void of any real nutrition.
- White Bread: The grain is bleached and refined and left with no nutritional value. Like table sugar it spikes insulin levels which promotes fat storage and with little fiber doesn’t leave you full but in fact wanting more.
- GMO: Genetically modified foods contain foreign proteins that can be highly irritating to the digestive track. Whole grains that have been processed with high heat and pressure have caused rapid death in test animals.
- Conventional Farmed Meat: These animals are pumped full of antibiotics and steroids. The toxins are stored in the muscle and fat tissues of the animal which is what is sold at the store. The omega 3-6 ratio is highly disproportionate and therefore makes it hard for a human to process the protein because of the limited healthy fat content of the conventional meat.